Thursday 12 August 2010

Ramadhan Al-Mubarak

Today is the second day of Ramadhan, the holy month of all Muslims.
Although the feeling didn't kicked in as it used to many many years back, I hope I'd be able to get the feel of it soon. Guess I'm too seasoned and it's in my system for too long already.
Just like the Hari Raya or Eid Fitr celebration. The excitement of it only can be enjoyed while were were young kids. And I remember finding it uninteresting in my late teen years.

Excitement and it sort will eventually slipped away once we reached our mid twenties and will definitely take another turn when we have our own family and commitments. Every one of us have our own way of celebrating and for sure it won't be same as the other although similar.
I do see some people getting really perked up having done 'theme' coloured baju Raya for the whole family to the extend of buying new vehicle for balik kampung (it was made known by a friend who owns a car dealership that Hari Raya means sales will rocketed although I can't grasp the actual need for a car change to commemorate the celebration)

All I know and finding it becoming a customary is the Ramadhan Bazaars set-up in selected areas. It is more of a makan-makan festivities. You can find all type of food and deserts being sold and people queuing up for half an hour for some 'hyped-up' food such as popiah or soup.
Indeed makan-makan a favourite thing to do no matter where the race lived.

My wish to all Muslims is have a good month and hopefully all our good deeds will be blessed.

No comments: