Saturday 9 November 2013

A decade ago?

Time...Again.
How time flies.
A cliché statement.
Fresh new statement should be invented by now.

Anyway.

While rummaging through my stuff searching for all my French books, related CDs and cassettes for my seven year old daughter, and browsing thru some of the pages, I just realised that it was more than a decade ago since I attended my first French class at Alliance Française Kuala Lumpur.

God.
Has it been 11 years ago? That long?!
And I felt it was just like five years only.
No wait...how can it be five years. 
Five years of my life I've spent been living in this Arabian land of 1001 nights.

Time is making a fool out of me. 
Not just my physically. But overall. Really.

Anyway, it is not time that I want to ramble about.
It's about being an inspiration.

Yup.
Inspiration.
Like me being an inspiration to my soon-to-be seven year old daughter.

Everyone of us are inspired by someone or something. It might be someone's persona. It might also that someone's aptitude, or like how Im inspired when reading about people who are willing to put aside their wealth and good living to help those unfortunate. It never fail in making me believe that besides all materialistic gains majority of people are chasing, there are also a small group of people who are willing to sacrifice to help others.

Coming back to be an inspiration figure, for my daughter who had just started her French lesson in school, I have no doubt that she is also being inspired to take up the language as it was made available throughout her growing up listening to French music and occasionally watching French movies on the telly.

It is a nice feeling when someone told you that you inspired them.

It is good that mothers can inspire their children.
Although, sometimes it does not work the way you want it to be.

Que sera sera....


No comments: