Monday 8 March 2010

Internet...

An email received today indicates:

Congratulations
Monday, March 8, 2010 2:21 PM
From: "Microsoft Award Team 2010"


To: undisclosed-recipients

Congratulations, you just won £500,000 in the ongoing 2010 Microsoft/satellite
software Online Email Lottery with Batch: 12/25/0340 and Winning
number...YOM09788,organized for all email users,requested info:Name: address:
phone Number: Country:occupation:Age.Claims Contact Details Below

Claims Agent:Mr. Harrison Martins,
E-mail:msw-department_martins@w.cn
Phone:+44 703 597 2456



The above is an email I received in my mailbox today.
I first received such email sometime like five years ago, which, had at that time, managed to make me excited and in the state of euphoria. I replied to the sender....and I guess you'd know what came after that and so on and so forth.

Perhaps some senses took over my euphoric mode, I smelled rottens. I did some evaluations on the amount of money that they offered, besides checking the web for such 'contest' or 'draw', I waited for the responding email and, viola, it came out just as what the fraud to-do list indicates.

From then on, any similar email received, I'd either deleted it or reply back to sender with some nasty curse or words to indicate that I am not idiot and hoping that they'll delete my email from their 'prospects' list.

I read of some who'd fallen for such scam.
And the best thing of all, all these schemers got away scott free. Lest it is not easy to detect them, thanks to the technology ruling the Internet and changing on a daily basis.

I remember one that i had received along the way, of these opportunists using the Microsoft and AOL together. And the first thing that came to my mind was, since when these two giants works together running some sort of Internet-based test together?

Adding on to it, we will notice their mail address per se.

Which reputable companies will allow their staff to use an email address other than the official work email address?


And we must be lucky to received all sort of winning notifications several times a month, wouldn't we?

No comments: