Sunday 30 May 2010

Of cuisine, animal beautification and cruelty....




I came back from having a meal from one of the supposedly 'purveyors of fine food'.
Having to enjoy Foie gras which is also known as "fat liver" because the cuisine was originated from liver of a duck and goose, I cant help but thought about some of the fact I've once read about the food product.
For your info this creamy and nice cuisine originated from specially fattened duck or goose, and that this fattening is somehow regarded as 'cruel and inhumane treatment' by some activist.
A number of countries and other jurisdictions have laws against force feeding or the sale of foie gras.
Which, brought me to another similar 'inhumane' (to me at least) way of selling pets such as rabbits and birds which had been dyed by the sellers for I-don't-know-the-reason why.

The last time I've seen such thing taken place was when I was still an Art and Design student and we young students are very creative and happy lots and can't help but make things as colourful and interesting as ours .
At that time, I thought it's hilarious....not anymore.
I didn't manage to snap puppies and cats, however.

No comments: